Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Time

Short and simple. Time. Our time is so limited, there comes a point where you have to schedule everything down to the very last minute to try and fit everything in.

A typical day for myself consists of waking up at the crack of dawn, cleaning my room, showering, brushing out my mess of a hair (because yes, that does deserve it's own amount of time), going to work, running errands, shopping for mission outfits, doing homework, scripture study, planning primary lessons, chores, and hanging out with the family. 24 hours in a day is just not enough!

I'm to the point in my life where I have to be responsible for my own time. I can't have my mom pushing me to do something before the day's end. To help with creating my own time, I never have my phone anymore. It's so nice. Less people, less technology, less distraction. It normally just sits thrown in my locker at work or on the floor of my room somewhere. I rarely watch TV or movies anymore. Don't worry.. I'm not giving up my So You Think You Can Dance addiction. Or watching soccer games. I'm not throwing those two away just yet. Music is my best friend these days. So that I have something going, my Pandora stations are getting a workout. They are always playing.

Hanging out with my friends is a lucky thing these days. I always fit in time to see them. Or try to at least. Whether it's going to the temple on a Sunday night or going to get frozen yogurt right before they close, I'm trying to keep up with some people. It's hard with everyone going their separate ways! But, alas, that is life. Welcome to growing up!

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is don't waste your time. There are so many things that need to be done. Don't just sit idle. Make the day worth it.


P.S. New life motto. In the scriptures, it always says "And it came to pass," Not once does it say, "And it came to stay". Everything in life comes and goes in waves. Like Sugarland says, "And the hard times pass, like the good ones do." During the hard times, keep your head held high and your faith even higher. During the good times, remember who you are and what you stand for and why it's a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment