Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Called To Serve... Finally!

You do not understand how long I have been waiting to finally find out where I am going to serve on my mission.

Okay... it hasn't really been that long. But it has felt like an eternity!

Dear Sister Hamilton,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Mexico Mexico City Northwest Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, November 13, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.

WHAT?!?! No one saw this coming! I was convinced I was staying in the states, my friends and family kept thinking East coast or Europe. But Mexico?! Holy cow! Last week my mom told me that if I get called to Mexico, I'm not going.. Well... Thanks for jinxing that one, madre. ;)

I couldn't be more excited. If you had asked me a year and a half ago if I was thinking about a mission, I would have thought you were crazy. Now? You can call me Hermana Hamilton! I know that I've been called to Mexico for a specific reason. I know that there are people who are waiting to meet me and hear what I have to say about this amazing gospel.

I'm terrified to finally be a missionary. I don't know the scriptures and the stories like others do. But you know what? That's okay! I will learn, just as everyone else does.

I know this is the true gospel. I have absolutely no doubt that we all chose to come here and go through our trials, because we all knew of the greatness that would come afterwards. I love the prophet. Thomas S. Monson is one of the most amazing people on this planet. He is the current day prophet and I know that he is doing everything he can to help better not only our lives, but everyone we encounter. I'm so grateful for missionary work and the opportunity we have to go out and serve others while we put our own lives on hold.  I know that without my friends and family, I wouldn't be this far. They have been the greatest examples to me in my life. I'm grateful for the atonement and that my sins can be washed away. I'm grateful for a loving Redeemer who gave his life for me. I'm grateful for a plan that can keep our families together forever.

I am so excited to go and serve. I know that it will be hard, but it is what I need to be doing with my life right now. I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment