Sunday, August 10, 2014

Hermana Hamilton, Welcome Home

Hello, there.
Now, a few of you are probably wondering.. Court.. why in the world are you home??? Well, my friends, let me fill you in on this little tale. I had been out serving my mission in the beautiful country of Mexico. In the Distrito Federal to be exact. And it. was. WONDERFUL. But, when things are good and fine and dandy, we know that God puts trials in our way. Life is all about those learning experiences. So, I arrived in Mexico on the 16th of December of 2013. On the 17th, I started to get headaches. Nothing super weird, pretty normal now. But with time, I started having trouble with my eyesight. Then things started getting worse. The headaches were more frequent, the vision loss, all with that. After 7 months, we just decided it was safer for me to come home and get medical treatment. I am currently visiting my doctors and getting the medical attention that I need.
The support from my family has been unreal through all of this. My first week home was hard. Trying to re-Americanize myself was difficult, but they have stuck by me every step of the way. Is it hard being home? The hardest. Not a day goes by where I don't wish I wasn't in my little Mexico, walking the streets with my companion. But I know God has a plan. I know that I am home for a reason. It's all going to be okay. It's going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment