Sunday, August 10, 2014

Yup. It was a good week. 6/30/14

Hello, hello, hello! Hi, how are ya!
Me? Im great, thanks for asking! 
First off, Happy Fourth of July this week. We have members that are going to try to make Root Beer (super hard to find here) floats for Elder Foutz and I because we are SO sad to miss this holiday!! Second, I totes am going to hit 8 months on my mission this Sunday. Thats not weird or anything... in reality its totally freaking me out. Time flies so so so fast.

This week, I took the responsibility to write down some things that I knew I should share. SO. Here it goes:

Elder Chavez has become one of my closest friends here in Mexico. Really. He always backs me up, and we do an awesome job team teaching for Family Home Evenings in English and Spanish. (We teach a lot in English with some people) Everyone in our ward knows us as Brother and Sister in law. They think its hilarious. We are just way too good of friends. So, love him too death.

Next, This last week, Hermana Gomez has learned my love for knocking doors. Really, its a rule to NOT do it, unless directed by the Spirit... but I do it for fun. I LOVE IT. Its so much more effective than contacting in the street. By knocking doors, we found a new investigator. Her name is Bertha. Her daughter in law has been talking to missionaries in Cuatepec and keeps saying how great they are and that Bertha should listen to them, too. Then.. we knocked on her door, looking for someone else. Its a constant thing. I have turned into a PRO with that. 

We had interviews with President this week. I cant tell you how much I love him. Really. He just listens so well. We went in with Hermana Hall first. She and I just chatted for EVER. She looked at my area book and was thrilled. She said it was just like Hermana Garzons book, and that we were the best duo. I just laughed. Then I went in with President. We talked about training, how I felt, things like that. By the end, he was crying saying he could never be more proud of me. He thought I would have been home months ago for health reasons, but I just kept going. Its nice to know that he really does have faith in me after alllll the problems I have had. 

I cannot tell you how HARD Satan works when you have a baptism. When you are working SO hard with a family, and everything starts to go wrong. Everything. This Saturday was our baptism of Daniela and Alejandra. Two sisters. Their mom, Bety, is inactive of 16 years and their dad is an alcoholic Catholic. They love us. Always do. We were the first sister missionaries they had ever met, so they were super duper excited to have us in their house. Thursday, Hermana Gomez and I went to their house to eat Cena with them. The dad was DRUNK. Hard core. And he is pretty funny when he is drunk.. but drunk none the less. We showed up and he was fighting with Daniela. We could hear everything that was happening and it wasnt pretty. SO. Dani got kicked out of the house, the dad was mad because the Elders werent with us. He was drunk. I got scared. Called Foutz and told them to get their butts to their house. They ran in the pouring rain. Did I mention I love them? In this time, Edgar, the dad told us that the girls werent going to get baptized. He said they werent good enough for a baptism. Sooo I didnt know what to do. Thankfully, the elders showed up and helped us out. We still werent sure if we were going to have the baptism or not. So we left the house, in pouring rain, and I started bawling my eyes out. I just cried and cried and cried. We have been working SO hard and the date fell. Two days before the baptism. Poor Foutz, he was the only one that saw me cry, and he had no clue what to do. I lost it. So Friday came, we went and cleaned the font. At four, we went and did the interview for Dani, still not knowing if she would get baptized. Saturday came, and all was well. Bety was thrilled, the girls had less fear, and we were good to go. We started filling the pila.. and what happens? There is no water. We figure out how to get it to work, and when it starts coming out.. its black. I cried, YET AGAIN. We got it all figured out, all was well, we had clean water. So then we went to comida... Bishop called us and told us Dani wouldnt be getting baptized. WHAT!!! We didnt understand what happened! So we ran to a bus, got to their house, ran ran ran. All to find out that Dani had a ..girl problem. Aaaare ya kidding me. We talked to her. Asked if she still wanted to get baptized.. told us yes! So, it was a go. At 7:30, everyone from the ward was there. The girls were ready. President came. We had a baptism. And it was beautiful. As soon as Ale came out of the water, she turned to us and said I FEEL SO COOL! We just laughed and hugged and cried. We worked so hard to see them in white, in the water. The next day in Sacrament, they were their in their dresses, with their Personal Progress and Faith in God, their Books of Mormom, ready to receive the Holy Ghost. When they got called to the stand, they just stood up front and smiled and waved at us. I will never be able to describe the happiness I felt just to see them there. Happy. Adorable. Even though everything that COULD have gone wrong with this baptism, went wrong.. it was perfect. I will never forget it. 

Youre going to die at this. If I am still here in Vallejo in November, I am singing a duo in English with a member, Nancy, during stake conference. WHAT. We are singing I Know That My Reedemer Lives and its actually super good. So. To all of you that laughed at me when I sang. Im actually better now. Thats what singing everyday does to you.

All in all, I love you guys a lot. Im so grateful for your support and for your words of jokes and loves always. I love this mission. Its been SO much fun. Hermana Gomez and I are having a blast together. I will send pictures in just a minute. 

Remember I love love love you all and that I love love love this gospel. Sending hugs and kisses and loves from Mexico!

Hermana Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment